Chicago Car Accident Attorneys
Selected as “Top Rated Personal Injury Attorneys in Chicago” by Super Lawyers®
If you were injured in a car accident, your most important steps are:
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Contact a car accident lawyer to handle your case
- NEVER speak with the insurance company. NEVER sign any papers with the insurance company. NEVER give a statement to ANY insurance company.
You need an advocate by your side. Once you’re healthy enough to do so, it’s important to contact an Illinois accident attorney who will represent you. The attorney should have experience. They should have a proven track record for getting results in auto accident cases.
Top Accident Attorneys in Chicago
Regardless of whether you were in a big accident with major injuries, or a fender bender with minor injuries, you should contact a car accident attorney to discuss the incident. If you were harmed due to another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
The attorneys at Trapp & Geller are experienced injury attorneys who’ve obtained hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Our team of attorneys and support staff are determined to get clients the maximum compensation available for injuries sustained during a car accident.
An initial consultation with one of our experienced car accident attorneys is completely free. You’ll never pay any money to the attorneys at Trapp & Geller unless we win your case.
Schedule a free initial consultation today with our Illinois accident attorney. Visit our car accident lawyer reviews to see why clients choose our Illinois law firm when they need the best accident attorneys in Chicago.
We Will Fight for You
If you were injured in a car, truck, motorcycle, or taxi accident, you are entitled to money for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, and the permanent problems you will have in the future. Hire an experienced car accident attorney from Trapp & Geller to maximize the amount of money you get for your injuries.
Our experienced attorneys will fight on your behalf to get the maximum compensation available for your injuries. The attorneys at Trapp & Geller have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for clients who have been injured in car accidents.
We don’t get paid unless you get paid. Our team does not charge you anything unless we win your case. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.
Contact Trapp & Geller today to discuss your case with an experienced car accident attorney. The initial consultation is free.
Common Types of Motor Vehicle & Car Accidents
Our lawyers have extensive experience and a proven record of success in handling a broad range of motor vehicle and car accident cases, including:
- Semi-truck accidents: Semi trucks, delivery trucks, box trucks, and other commercial vehicles are subject to special safety regulations that do not apply to passenger vehicles. If the truck driver violated these safety regulations, our lawyers will make the insurance company pay you for your injuries.
- Motorcycle wrecks: Motorcycle accidents usually involve devastating injuries. Insurance companies often seek to pin the blame on the motorcyclist, even when the other driver was clearly at fault. Hiring an attorney immediately to preserve the evidence of the crash and perform an investigation is important to win your case.
- Bus accidents: Bus, CTA, and PACE accidents require immediate investigation and preservation of bus videos. If you were in a bus accident, you should immediately contact an attorney to guide you through the legal process and represent you. The CTA only holds bus videos for a short period of time and obtaining these videos can prove that you are entitled to money for your injuries. There are special laws that apply to bus drivers, so you should call Trapp & Geller immediately for help.
- Taxicab accidents: Chicago’s streets are full of taxi drivers racing to make fares as quickly as possible. Uber and other ride-sharing services have added to the congestion and put inexperienced drivers on the road. Some taxis have video surveillance, so it’s important to call an attorney immediately to make sure that you are properly represented.
Illinois Accident Statistics
In 2015, there were 313,316 crashes involving motor vehicles in Illinois. Twenty-one percent of these crashes (65,744) resulted in an injury — that is 858 traffic crashes per day, and more than 10 per hour.
A crash resulting in a fatality occurred 914 times in 2015 — that is nearly three people per day.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in dealing with motor vehicle and car accident cases, including but not limited to:
- Uninsured and underinsured driver accidents: An increasing number of drivers in Illinois do not have enough insurance to cover your medical bills and properly pay for your injuries. In these cases, our attorneys will look for other sources of compensation to get you money. We will go through your own insurance, called underinsured motorist coverage, to get your money. This does not affect your coverage or your premiums and is an effective way to get money for your injuries. These underinsured motorist cases have their own special laws, so it’s important to contact an experienced attorney to handle these cases. Trapp & Geller has achieved millions in underinsured and uninsured benefits on behalf of our clients.
- Distracted drivers: Distracted drivers and texting are constant threats on the roadways today. With the Internet and social media available while people drive, there are many distracted drivers causing serious accidents. Talking and texting on cellphones have become leading causes of accidents in Illinois. If you were injured by a distracted driver, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. Cellphone records can provide compelling evidence in these cases, and the attorneys at Trapp & Geller know how to get these records to win your case.
- Drunk driver accident and dram shop accidents: Victims of drunk drivers may be entitled to punitive damages, which are damages beyond your actual losses. The attorneys at Trapp & Geller may be able to sue the bar or tavern that sold the alcohol that caused the other driver to get drunk or intoxicated, as another way to get you money for your injuries. In these types of cases, doing an immediate investigation is important, so you should immediately call an attorney for help.
- Hit-and-run drivers: If the other driver hit you and fled the scene, your insurance policy for your own vehicle can provide coverage for your injuries. Even if you were a pedestrian or on a bike, the attorneys at Trapp & Geller can maximize your recovery by using your uninsured and underinsured coverage to get you money.
Other Accidents Scenarios
- Pedestrian injuries: Obtaining compensation can be an uphill battle for pedestrians who are injured in accidents. Drivers of motor vehicles often attempt to shift blame to the person on foot.
- Bike accidents: As a bicyclist, you have the same right to the roadway as people in motor vehicles. Unfortunately, drivers of four-wheeled vehicles often fail to yield to people on bikes.
- Boat collisions: Accidents on lakes and rivers often end in tragedy. Alcohol is often a factor.
More than 25 Years of Experience
Trapp & Geller has a passion for protecting the rights of the injured. We have the skill, experience, and knowledge to provide you with the highest legal advocacy. We will not rest until you get the compensation you deserve.
Customized Legal Strategies
Each of our attorneys is in it to win your case as much of you are and take pride in getting the best possible result. With that, your dedicated attorney is always available and will even text you regarding your goals and case.
Responsive & Informative
Our attorneys work with you one-on-one and make sure that, at every step of the process, you are fully aware of your case. We are fighting for your rights and always make sure that we are doing what is best for you.
Over $400 Million Recovered
The attorneys at Trapp & Geller have the experience and knowledge to not only win, but to win BIG. When you entrust our team with your case, you can rest assured that we will fight for the maximum amount of compensation.